Launcher April release:New mobile app, Exchange on premise and more.
Launcher is designed to simplify the meeting room by providing a consistent and hassle-free experience to launching apps through its intuitive UI, smart use of technology, and seamless integration with third-party tools. Why not try Launcher for yourself?
Launcher’s April release (18.104.22.168) goes live during a global health crisis, when the majority of our customers are working differently and thinking about how to get stuff done in a whole new way.
Before we take a deeper look at the need for meeting rooms to adapt as a result of the global health crisis, here’s what you can expect from version 22.214.171.124:
- New mobile app design – An improved user interface for speedier sign ins with more meeting details made available.
- Support for Exchange on premise – Benefit from Launcher’s room calendar when running your own instance of the Exchange environment.
- Microsoft sign in control – Enable or disable Microsoft sign in via the Launcher settings, whichever option best suits your organisation.
- Improved kiosk mode – Batch files cannot be run, access to system settings, control panel and system registry is limited even further.
Image: New Launcher app user interface
With millions of us now working from home, arguably one of the biggest changes for many of us is the higher volume of video-conferencing meetings undertaken from personal devices on a daily basis. Carrying out these meetings from your laptop offers some benefits:
- Familiarity with the device, its tools and contents
- Direct access to the personal calendar, including meeting details
- Control over video-conferencing sign in information
With those advantages in mind we expect that upon our return to normal business life, people will have a lower tolerance for minor inconveniences caused by the shortcomings of the meeting space.
We believe that, instead, there will be expectation that the meeting space should deliver an experience comparable to that of a personal device. With the release of our new mobile app we’re confident that Launcher will meet those expectations, while also helping you make a smooth transition back into the workplace and giving you a simpler meeting room experience.
We’d like to take a moment to thank you for your continued support during these though times. We’d also like to assure you that once business life returns to normal, Launcher will be waiting for you with many more new and exciting features.
From everyone at DisplayNote, stay safe and thank you.
Want to stay in the loop?
Keep up-to-date with everything DisplayNote – including new releases, job openings, and customer giveaways.
Don’t worry, we’ll not spam you and we’ll never share your email with anyone